- Black blazer with badge
- Grey trousers / Grey skirt or slip worn to knee length or longer
- White shirt / White blouse
- School tie (must be tied at a sufficient length that shows the school badge)
- Grey school badged cardigan or school badged V neck jumper
- Plain black socks
- Black flat heeled leather shoes (Kickers and patent leather shoes are fine but hybrid shoes sold as school shoes in the shops are not acceptable)
- Outdoor coat must be plain black or navy
- A sensible bag large enough to carry A4 file.
- Black and purple school badged polo shirt
- Black school badged shorts
- Black school badged micro fleece or long sleeve school badged PE shirt
- Plain black socks (no football teams or logos)
- Training shoes (strictly no vans, converse, high tops or pumps)
- A wash kit, i.e. towel, roll on deodorant etc.
- Optional – In colder weather: Base layers/under armour type tops are acceptable (in black only).
- Plain black tracksuit/jogging bottoms may be worn (strictly no large logos or patterns).
Not Acceptable in School:
Students with piercings will be expected to remove them so we recommend any new piercings are done at the start of the summer holiday so that they are sufficiently healed to allow their removal on return to school.
- MOBILE PHONES/SMART WATCHES. Mobile phones must be switched off and out of sight when students enter the school grounds. Students will not be allowed to use mobile phones during break and lunch times. If students have mobile phones/headphones out during school time the devices will be confiscated and not returned until parents/carers collect them. This is to support a more positive learning attitude around the school.
- No jewellery except a watch.
- No fashion/extreme hairstyles – hair should be of a “natural hair colour” without extreme highlights.
- No make-up/nail polish/false nails/false eyelashes—students wearing these will be asked to remove them.
- No haircuts shorter than a crop with a No2 setting.
- No haircuts with patterns/lines shaved into it (including Mohican/mullet styles).
- No handbags.
- No piercings – covering piercings with plasters is not permitted.
- No hoodies of any description.
- No aerosols or perfume sprays.
Are students allowed to “customise” their uniform?
It is important that all our students look and feel good about themselves, which is why we insist on high standards of dress and appearance. Our uniform helps students to achieve these high standards and we ask for your continued support in ensuring that our uniform is worn as intended. To help clarify some issues, here are some key points:
- Skirts: Should be knee length or longer Skirts are available in a variety of lengths at Kids Kirkby (some may need to be ordered) so that all girls should be able to comply with this requirement.
- Tie: Should be worn at the length intended with the school logo clearly visible below the knot.
- Shirts: Should be tucked in at all times.
- Blazers: Should be worn at all times unless permission to remove them has been sought and given by the class teacher (or the Headteacher).
We advise that all items of equipment and uniform, especially blazers and= outdoor coats are clearly labelled with the student’s name.
Students are expected to bring a bag to school every day. As well as a bag students will need: pencil case, pens, pencils, ruler, eraser, sharpener, calculator, coloured pencils, planner, uniform card and homework folder