Jon has been doing the sport just under 2 years for WLM Taekwondo which is based in Kirkby. The school has given him support such as giving him the time off he needs for tournaments. He trains 4 times a week and each session is 2 hours long. On his days off he either goes for a jog around the mean streets of Kirkby or goes to Kirkby leisure centre for strength work. Competing against the whole country at a weight of minus 51kg. Jon quote ‘ I was delighted when the bell went and I knew I was national champion. I have been training since May for this event and all the hard work has paid off. Seeing the smile on my Mum and Dads face was amazing’.
Please see the below timetable for exam support classes offered to Year 11 students at Kirkby High School.
Please find the below link to the extra curriculum activities offered to Year 7 students at Kirkby High School.
Please see letter below for more information:
Please find the May Revision Sessions time table below:
- Friday 25th March – Good Friday (School closed)
- Monday 28th March – Easter Monday (School closed)
- Tuesday 29th March to Friday 1st April – school open as normal
- Monday 4th April to Friday 15th April – Spring break (school closed)
- Monday 18th April – Staff Training – school closed
- Tuesday 19th April – pupils return to school normal time
The phones are currently down. Should you need to contact school, please use our mobile number – 07555 995292
Due to upgrades being carried out to our telephone system, the main school number will not be receiving calls on the Monday or Tuesday of half term (15th & 16th February). Should you need to contact school, please use our mobile number – 07555 995292